With a background in accounting and more than 20 years in law, Brian Jones has played a role in many large commercial and residential real estate developments, hotel condominium, hotel and timeshare resort projects in Florida. He uses his years of experience representing commercial developers and national home builders to address development, regulatory, and environmental issues to ensure efficient and timely project development. He is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group of Shutts & Bowen's Orlando office.
Mr. Jones has a long-established practice representing national and international developers in commercial and residential real estate development matters and commercial banks and investment funds in commercial loans and investments. He counts individual investors, public companies, community, regional and national banks and lenders and real estate investment trusts as clients in projects of all sizes, including developments of regional impact. His practice also involves development and governmental regulatory matters for residential and commercial condominiums, timeshare resorts and hotel condominiums, including public offering statement registrations with state agencies.
With an extensive background in accounting, Mr. Jones also brings financial experience to his work with institutional lenders. He counsels clients through the commercial loan process and restructuring troubled-debts.
He is a frequent lecturer of civic and business associations on issues affecting developers, small businesses and professionals. In addition to his professional practice, Mr. Jones is active in numerous community activities, with particular interest in charitable organizations for children.
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Development
- Commercial and Residential Condominium Development
- Land Use and Development Issues
- Hotel Sale, Acquisition, and Development
- Commercial Loan Restructuring
- Troubled Debt Refinancing
- Debt and Equity Structuring
- Commercial Loan Foreclosures
- Timeshare Resort Development
- Hotel Condominium
- Commercial and Retail Leasing
- Environmental Law
- Commercial Lending
- Martindale-Hubbell A-V Rated
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting, 1983
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association