Dilip Patel is a partner in Shutts & Bowen's Corporate Immigration Group in the firm's Tampa office. He is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law.
Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen, Mr. Patel founded his own firm where he concentrated his practice in immigration and business transactions. Mr. Patel also served as General Counsel for an international IT services and outsourcing company. While there, he oversaw the company's $50 million initial public offering (IPO), which was followed by a secondary offering of $100 million. He also managed all legal aspects of the company's acquisitions, including companies in the U.K., France, Northern Ireland, Australia, Japan and the U.S. When the company was acquired, Mr. Patel was involved in the merger negotiations and closing, which were valued at $450 million.
Mr. Patel practiced law in London for five years before moving to the United States and receiving his law degree from Florida State University School of Law.
- Martindale Hubbell A-V rated
- Selected for inclusion, Best Lawyers in America, Immigration Law, 2006-2014
- University of London's London School of Economics and Political Science, Law Degree
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D.
- The Florida Bar
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association