Kathleen Krak is a former prosecutor and a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group.
Kathleen assists clients
with a wide range of construction and general commercial matters,
including inter-related licensure, regulatory and criminal issues. She
advises individuals and entities regarding contractual, statutory and
regulatory rights and obligations, providing representation throughout
all phases of litigation and dispute resolution. Kathleen has also
provided interim in-house counsel assistance on assignment for large and
small corporations regarding construction and general counsel matters,
as well as seminars for clients and professional groups.
In 2014, Kathleen was appointed by Florida’s Governor to the Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board, which is responsible for licensing and regulating electrical contractors and contracting in Florida. The ECLB reviews applications for licensure, disciplinary matters, petitions seeking declaratory guidance on industry statutes, and conducts informal hearings relating to licensure and discipline.
Kathleen has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers in construction and general litigation and has written on public private partnerships in the construction industry. Through the firm, she has also provided pro bono representation for hearings involving the The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
Prior to joining Shutts, Kathleen was a prosecutor for the Pinellas County State Attorney’s Office and later represented law enforcement and municipalities in state and federal civil rights litigation.
- Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Star, 2010
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1998
- Florida State University, B.A., Clinical Psychology, Minor in Computer Science, 1994
- The Florida Bar
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Board Member, Florida's Electrical Contractors' Licensing Board (2014-2016)
- Member, Florida's Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (2014-2017)
- Member, Administrative, Real Property Probate and Trust, Trial Lawyer, Criminal, and Tax Law Sections, The Florida Bar