Kathleen Krak is a partner in the Orlando office, where she serves as counsel for various individuals and corporations on commercial, business, administrative, and criminal matters. As a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group, Ms. Krak represents developers, professionals, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in various stages of the construction process including preliminary contract negotiations, protection of lien and bond rights, insurance coverage issues, alternative dispute resolutions, mediation and litigation. Ms. Krak also provides interim in-house counsel assistance on assignment for both large and small corporations, as well as seminars for both clients and professional groups.
Ms. Krak's practice also includes representing individuals and entities on administrative and/or licensure matters pending before Florida's regulatory agencies, as well as both civil and criminal defense for inter-related matters. Her cases include direct party representation, as well as representation through insurance carriers.
Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen, Ms. Krak served as a prosecutor for the Pinellas County State Attorney’s Office, and thereafter represented law enforcement and municipalities in both state and federal civil rights litigation relating to false arrest, malicious prosecution and other civil rights violation claims.
- Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Star, 2010
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1998
- Florida State University, B.A., Clinical Psychology, Minor in Computer Science, 1994
- The Florida Bar
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Member, Florida's Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (2014-2017)
- Member, Administrative, Real Property Probate and Trust, Trial Lawyer, Criminal, and Tax Law Sections, The Florida Bar