Kathleen Krak, a former prosecutor, is a partner in the Orlando office where she assists clients with various commercial and business matters, to include inter-related administrative and/or criminal issues. As a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group, Ms. Krak represents clients throughout various stages of the construction process and related dispute resolutions. In addition, Ms. Krak advises both individuals and entities regarding the protection, enforcement and/or defense of general contractual, statutory and regulatory rights and/or obligations. Ms. Krak has also provided interim in-house counsel assistance on assignment for both large and small corporations regarding construction and general counsel matters, as well as seminars for both clients and professional groups.
In 2014, Ms. Krak was appointed by Florida’s Governor to the Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board, which is responsible for licensing and regulating electrical contractors and contracting throughout Florida. The ECLB reviews applications for licensure, disciplinary matters, petitions seeking declaratory guidance on industry statutes, and conducts informal hearings relating to licensure and discipline.
Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen in 2002, Ms. Krak served as a prosecutor for the Pinellas County State Attorney’s Office, and thereafter represented law enforcement and municipalities in both state and federal civil rights litigation.
- Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Star, 2010
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1998
- Florida State University, B.A., Clinical Psychology, Minor in Computer Science, 1994
- The Florida Bar
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Board Member, Florida's Electrical Contractors' Licensing Board (2014-2016)
- Member, Florida's Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (2014-2017)
- Member, Administrative, Real Property Probate and Trust, Trial Lawyer, Criminal, and Tax Law Sections, The Florida Bar