Following ZF Automotive, two New York district courts decisions, that ICSID arbitration panels in investor-sate arbitrations were not imbued with governmental authority and therefore not “foreign” or “international tribunals,” could indicate a direction that forecloses access to Section 1782 discovery...Read More
- Discovery Access Under 1782 and ICSID Arbitrations
- The Impact of Recent Privatization of Power Generation in Puerto Rico
- Russian law says “no” to foreign arbitration proceedings against sanctioned Russian individuals and companies
- Unconscionable Arbitration Agreements: The Impacts of Uber Technologies, Inc. v. Heller
- Federal Republic of Germany v. Philipp: Supreme Court Narrows the Scope of the FSIA’s Expropriation Exception to Sovereign Immunity
- US Discovery Related to Private International Commercial Arbitration: What Will the Supreme Court Say?
- What do you do if your international legal problems are not only cross-border, but are literally, “out of this world”? Go to Space Court, where the Judges will speak your language.
- International Investment and Commercial Arbitration: Not a Spectator Sport
- Looking to Compel Arbitration? Recent Supreme Court Decision Suggests Additional Tools are Available
- Welcome to the International Disputes Blog