- Posts by Aleksey ShtivelmanPartner
Aleksey Shtivelman is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the International Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
As a native Russian speaker and fluent in Spanish, Aleksey has successfully ...
As the commercial space industry value tops $350 billion, Dubai sets up shop with a Space Court, which offers a unique venue where Judges will be experts in space-related international law and disputes.Read More
New U.S. Supreme Court Opinion discusses an expansive view of the Federal Arbitration Act, holding that federal courts can apply domestic laws to fill in the gaps where the New York Convention is silent, as yet another basis for courts to compel a dispute to arbitration.Read More
- Unconscionable Arbitration Agreements: The Impacts of Uber Technologies, Inc. v. Heller
- Federal Republic of Germany v. Philipp: Supreme Court Narrows the Scope of the FSIA’s Expropriation Exception to Sovereign Immunity
- US Discovery Related to Private International Commercial Arbitration: What Will the Supreme Court Say?
- What do you do if your international legal problems are not only cross-border, but are literally, “out of this world”? Go to Space Court, where the Judges will speak your language.
- International Investment and Commercial Arbitration: Not a Spectator Sport
- Looking to Compel Arbitration? Recent Supreme Court Decision Suggests Additional Tools are Available
- Welcome to the International Disputes Blog