- Posts by Isabella LlanoAssociate
Isabella Llano is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the International Dispute Resolution practice group.
She previously served as a judicial intern to the United State Magistrate Judge ...
Last month, in Federal Republic of Germany v. Philipp, 141 S. Ct. 703 (2021), the United States Supreme Court revisited and narrowed the scope of the expropriation exception to sovereign immunity set forth in the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (“FSIA”).Read More
- Unconscionable Arbitration Agreements: The Impacts of Uber Technologies, Inc. v. Heller
- Federal Republic of Germany v. Philipp: Supreme Court Narrows the Scope of the FSIA’s Expropriation Exception to Sovereign Immunity
- US Discovery Related to Private International Commercial Arbitration: What Will the Supreme Court Say?
- What do you do if your international legal problems are not only cross-border, but are literally, “out of this world”? Go to Space Court, where the Judges will speak your language.
- International Investment and Commercial Arbitration: Not a Spectator Sport
- Looking to Compel Arbitration? Recent Supreme Court Decision Suggests Additional Tools are Available
- Welcome to the International Disputes Blog