- Posts by Kristin Drecktrah PazPartner
Kristin Drecktrah Paz is a Partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen, where she is a member of the International Arbitration and Litigation Practice Group.
Kristin specializes in international and complex dispute resolution ...
Seeking discovery in the United States in aid of a proceeding before a foreign or international tribunal is a useful and unique tool available under 28 U.S.C. § 1782. This statute provides that any “interested person” may make an application to a district court where the person from whom discovery is sought “resides or is...Read More
- Unconscionable Arbitration Agreements: The Impacts of Uber Technologies, Inc. v. Heller
- Federal Republic of Germany v. Philipp: Supreme Court Narrows the Scope of the FSIA’s Expropriation Exception to Sovereign Immunity
- US Discovery Related to Private International Commercial Arbitration: What Will the Supreme Court Say?
- What do you do if your international legal problems are not only cross-border, but are literally, “out of this world”? Go to Space Court, where the Judges will speak your language.
- International Investment and Commercial Arbitration: Not a Spectator Sport
- Looking to Compel Arbitration? Recent Supreme Court Decision Suggests Additional Tools are Available
- Welcome to the International Disputes Blog