- Posts by Jerel C. DawsonPartner
Jerel C. Dawson is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Insurance Practice Group and the Appellate Practice Group.
Jerel practices primarily in the areas of disability and life insurance ...
In a 4-3 majority opinion authored by Justice Peggy Quince, the Florida Supreme Court declared the Florida Legislature’s 2013 Daubert amendment to the Florida Evidence Code unconstitutional. Read More
- The Rules, They Are A Changin’: Recent Amendments to the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure and the Florida Rules of Judicial Administration
- Attorney’s Fees on Appeal: Part I - Preserving the Appellee’s Attorney Fee Award
- Florida Defies Trend, Rejects Daubert Standard for Expert Opinion Evidence
- Jury Instructions, Part I: Preserving Your Appellate Issues
- How to Obtain a Stay of a Money Judgment Pending Appellate Review
- Original Proceedings, Part III: To seek or not to seek Prohibition - Temperance is Suggested
- Original Proceedings: Part II – Second Tier Certiorari
- Original Proceedings: Part I - The Basics of Certiorari
- “As a Matter of Law” Means Just That: Denial of Immunity Appeals Under Rule 9.130
- Enforcing the Mandate when the Trial Court Deviates or Delays
- Of Counsel