- Posts by Jodi-Ann TillmanAssociate
Jodi-Ann Tillman is an attorney in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Intellectual Property practice group.
Jodi concentrates her practice in the areas of copyright and trademark ...
A failure to address IP considerations can have a devastating and lasting impact—including a permanent loss of IP rights and a risk of costly litigation—which ultimately hinders the ability to grow from a startup into a thriving, successful company.Read More
The Supreme Court of the United States held unanimously in Romag Fasteners Inc. v. Fossil Inc., et al., 140 S. Ct. 1492 (2020) that a plaintiff in a trademark infringement suit does not have to prove willfulness for an award of defendant’s ill-gotten profits as damages under the Lanham Act.Read More
- Starting a Business?: Trademark Considerations for Startups
- Congress Passes CASE Act of 2020 and Law Regarding Unauthorized Streaming Services
- Romag Fasteners v. Fossil: Willful Infringement is Not Required to Recover an Award of Profits in Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Squatting or Lucrative Opportunity? Time Will Tell
- Patent and Trademark Deadlines Further Extended Due to the COVID-19 Crisis
- Does the COVID Crisis Warrant Ex Parte Relief to Address Price Gouging under Trademark Theories?
- Patent and Trademark Right Deadlines Further Extended (to June 1, 2020) Due to the COVID-19 Crisis
- Does COVID19 Warrant A 90-Day Extension Of a Case Pending More Than A Year?
- Does the COVID19 Crisis Warrant Relief from a Preliminary Injunction Related to Fire Engines?
- Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Deadlines Extended Due to the COVID19 Crisis