- Posts by Jodi-Ann TillmanAssociate
Jodi-Ann Tillman is an attorney in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Intellectual Property practice group.
Jodi concentrates her practice in the areas of copyright and trademark ...
Intellectual property rights can get muddled in the “real world” and with the advent of virtual worlds, such as the Metaverse, this will only further complicate matters for brand owners who will now have to monitor and enforce their rights in the boundless virtual world. Indeed, legal disputes are already surfacing in the...Read More
The Trademark Modernization Act (TMA) was signed into law December 27, 2020. Importantly, the burden shifting provision for trademark owners in litigation seeking preliminary or permanent injunctive relief was made effective immediately.Read More
A failure to address IP considerations can have a devastating and lasting impact—including a permanent loss of IP rights and a risk of costly litigation—which ultimately hinders the ability to grow from a startup into a thriving, successful company.Read More
The Supreme Court of the United States held unanimously in Romag Fasteners Inc. v. Fossil Inc., et al., 140 S. Ct. 1492 (2020) that a plaintiff in a trademark infringement suit does not have to prove willfulness for an award of defendant’s ill-gotten profits as damages under the Lanham Act.Read More
- Intellectual Property Rights in the Metaverse: Hermès v. Rothschild and the MetaBirkins Saga
- Implementation of the Trademark Modernization Act (TMA): What Trademark Owners Need to Know
- Minerva Surgical, Inc. v. Hologic Inc.: The Supreme Court Limits the Scope of Assignor Estoppel
- United States v. Arthrex: The Supreme Court Provides the Director of the USPTO with Review Authority over Final PTAB Decisions
- Starting a Business?: Trademark Considerations for Startups
- Congress Passes CASE Act of 2020 and Law Regarding Unauthorized Streaming Services
- Romag Fasteners v. Fossil: Willful Infringement is Not Required to Recover an Award of Profits in Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Squatting or Lucrative Opportunity? Time Will Tell
- Patent and Trademark Deadlines Further Extended Due to the COVID-19 Crisis
- Does the COVID Crisis Warrant Ex Parte Relief to Address Price Gouging under Trademark Theories?
- Senior Associate