This position performs various office administrative support duties, which includes delivering high-quality service to internal and external clients and exhibiting commitment to integrity and excellence. Candidates for the role must have a thorough knowledge of law firm and practice specific office services processes and procedures.
We are seeking a professional with a positive work ethic who loves what they do because they know they are on the front line in providing a high level of service to our attorneys, staff, and clients. We think that means you need great people skills, patience, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. You need to be proactive and confident in your commitment to our attorneys and clients by identifying what they need and providing it.
- Experience working in a mid to large size firm and collaborating with various firm-wide departments in the handling of various responsibilities.
- Possess some knowledge of special events planning and coordination to assist in organizing attorney business development events.
- Sort and distribute incoming and interoffice mail and assist in processing express and overnight courier packages.
- Stock, organize, and clean supply rooms and kitchens.
- Order office supplies.
- Back up receptionist, including greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, and reserving conference rooms.
- Assist with general appearance of the office, including walk arounds, compiling checklists for maintenance issues, and placing maintenance requests with building management.
- Lifting and moving boxes and office furniture, which will require the ability to regularly lift upwards to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Maintain conference rooms and kitchens.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
- The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Position requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Prior office services and customer service experience required.
- Minimum of three years of law firm experience required.
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to effectively balance assignments and workflow from multiple attorneys.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple responsibilities and high volume is crucial.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow-through required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, vendors, and the public.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and experience working with law firm case management and billing software required. Knowledge of FileSite, CMS, SmartTime, Aderant, and ARM a plus.
- Plan and organize work load to comply with established time constraints;
- Operate standard office equipment, including printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines, with the ability to change cartridges and solve normal jams and malfunctions;
- Set up and operate standard computer equipment, change hard drives and CD drives;
- Work in collaboration within a group and individually to ensure that clients are satisfied, includes the desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Usual work hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch. Overtime work may be required from time to time.
- Great benefits package, including paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, 401(k), health benefits, and more.
- A criminal background check is required and must be successfully completed prior to employment.
- Technology training for firm utilized software is provided during onboarding.
- You will be required to do heavy lifting, sometimes up to fifty pounds.