Shutts & Bowen, a full-service law firm serving clients locally, nationally, and internationally, is seeking an Paralegal for our Miami office Real Estate Practice.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5+ years working in a law firm as a Real Estate Paralegal. Our paralegals work in a sophisticated commercial real estate practice with a team based approach. Strong title and survey skills required. Strong technical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills required. This position requires a keen attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects under tight time constraints.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation and review of commercial and residential real estate purchase and sale closing documents.
- Assist with preparation and review of loan documents (including UCC Financing Statements).
- Coordinate commercial and residential real estate transaction closings, including maintaining closing checklist, preparation and distribution of signature page packages, preparation and review of settlement statements and coordination with various transaction parties as required.
- Order and review title and survey (including title exceptions), preparation of title and survey objection letters and title/survey memoranda, and prepare escrow closing letters.
- Order and/or collect other typical legal due diligence items for sale and loan transactions, including zoning/governmental compliance letters, UCC/judgment searches, entity authority documents, good standing certificates and estoppel letters from lienholders, tenants and other parties to declarations, easements and similar agreements.
- Order, review and abstract UCC/judgment/lien search results.
- Obtain and review zoning reports and conduct related zoning analysis.
- Prepare consents, resolutions and other basic corporate documents.
- Conduct lease reviews and prepare lease abstracts.
- Handle or coordinate filing/recording documents.
- Prepare closing binders and handle post-closing matters.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination required.
- Strong title and survey skills required. Strong technical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight time constraints.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without error, set priorities, and accommodate rush requests.
- Knowledge of legal terms and legal matters to determine whether forms submitted include all required related parties.
- Substantial analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Superior communication and customer service skills exercising courtesy and diplomacy.
- Ability to think creatively about new solutions and drive best practices.
- Position is full-time.
- Generally, works the core hours of the firm (9:00 am–5:30 pm) with flexibility work overtime.
- Physical attendance and punctuality at place of work.