Jessica R. Viola is an Associate in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Construction Practice Group.
Jessica focuses her practice on complex commercial and construction litigation matters. She has experience representing contractors, architects and engineers in all phases of public and private construction contracting and dispute resolution, pending before the circuit court and the American Arbitration Association. She has represented clients in construction claims involving personal injury, delay and acceleration damages, bond and lien issues, professional licensure, building code violations, and ADA violations. Jessica has successfully represented public entities in bid protests over public transportation projects involving the Florida Department of Transportation.
During law school, Jessica served a judicial externship with the Honorable Judge Bucklew. She was also named the best trial advocate of the 2018 graduating class and received the E. Harris Drew Memorial Award for written and oral advocacy.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, May 2018
- Research Editor, Stetson Law Review
- Member, Stetson Law Trial Team
- University of Central Florida, May 2015
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Construction Law, 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2022