Joseph D. Lieberman is an associate in the Sarasota office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Private Client Services Practice Group.
Joe focuses his practice on trusts and estates, including the representation of clients in matters related to wills, trusts, power of attorney, advance health care directives, planned giving, estate and gift tax planning, as well as probate, guardianship and trust administration. He also assists individuals and businesses by offering wealth preservation strategies in charitable planning, business planning and wealth transition planning.
His prior experience includes providing tax, trust and business planning solutions to high-net-worth individuals, families and businesses.
Joe earned his Master of Laws in Estate Planning from the University of Miami School of Law Heckerling Graduate Program.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Estate Planning, 2018
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Executive Editor, ADR Competition Honors Journal
- Northeastern IADR Mediation Tournament, 5th Place
- Pace University, B.A., Finance, 2012
Professional and Civic
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- Estate Planning & Probate Section
- Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
- Young Professionals Group
- Southwest Florida Estate Planning Council
- Charitable Gift Planners of Southwest Florida
- Habitat for Humanity of Palm Beach County
- Board Member, Habitat Young Professionals
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity ReStore
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Event, Sarasota, 5.11.22