Spencer M. Mayer is an Associate in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Class Action & Mass Litigation Practice Group.
Spencer focuses his practice in personal injury protection litigation matters, specializing in the interpretation and application of automobile insurance policies.
Prior to joining the firm, he served as an Assistant State Attorney for the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted felony criminal cases ranging from fraud to violent crimes and handled high-profile public corruption cases as a member of the Police Accountability and Integrity Team.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., June 2018
- Business Editor, Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution
- Research Assistant, Professor Edward Zelinsky
- Teaching Assistant, Professor Helaine Balsam
- University of Alabama, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, May 2015
- Honors College
- Vice President, Pre-Law Student Association
- Judicial Board Member, Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity
- Washington D.C.
Professional and Civic
- Member, The Economic Club of Miami
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair, Miami-Dade County Bar Association, Government Relations Committee