Alexander Schneider is an associate in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group. Alex is a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office ("USPTO"). Alex focuses his practice on intellectual property rights with an emphasis on patent prosecution for clients ranging from large corporations to startups.
While in law school, Alex completed an externship at the USPTO examining electrical engineering related patent applications and assisting Quality Assurance Specialists review the prosecution history of patent applications to reduce the caseload of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Alex utilizes his experience at the USPTO to determine the most efficient route to obtain registered patents for his clients.
Prior to law school, Alex, along with a team, designed, built and tested an autonomous renewable energy scavenging vessel. Alex was involved in all aspects of the project from modeling various components and designing dynamic control systems to building motor controllers and testing the efficiency of the energy systems. Currently, Alex is pursuing a Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Johns Hopkins University.
- Johns Hopkins University, M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Expected Graduation 2020)
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Certificate in Intellectual Property
- Pro Bono Service Award
- Dean's List
- Book Awards: Intellectual Property, Federal Income Tax and Antitrust
- Florida Atlantic University – Department of Ocean and Mechanical Engineering, B.S., Ocean Engineering, 2012
- Dean's List
- Autonomous Renewable Energy Scavenging Ship, Senior Design Project, 2011-2012
- People’s Choice Award, Business Plan Competition, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Broward County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- IP Pipeline Blog, 12.31.20