Ashley V. Gantt is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Class Action & Mass Litigation practice group. Ashley’s focuses her practice on insurance defense.
While in law school, Ashley served as the Nova Southeastern University Black Law Students Association President and Secretary. Additionally, Ashley earned the Honorable Charles I. Kaplan Outstanding Service Award for demonstrating dedication and commitment to children and families through her work in the Children and Families Clinic.
- Nova Southeastern University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of Florida, B.A., English, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Fellow, Florida Bar Wm Reece Smith Jr. Leadership Academy Class VII
- President, T.J. Reddick Bar Association
- President 2020-2021
- President-Elect 2019-2020
- Recording Secretary 2018-2019
- Corresponding Secretary 2017-2018
- Board Member, Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association
News & Insights
- Moderator, Know Your Rights: A guide when interacting with Law Enforcement presented at Broward College (February 18, 2020).
- Panelist, The Palermo Mentorship Program at St. Thomas Law School (November 1, 2019).
- Panelist, Miami Dolphins Cheerleader career path and development workshop (October 15, 2019).
- Moderator, “Dine and Dish, Pathway to the Judiciary Series: Appointment” Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association (July 30, 2019).
- Panelist, Impact of Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession Forum (January 2018).
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, Legacy Magazine, South Florida, 8.13.20
- Article, Daily Business Review, 7.20.20
- Firm News, 7.6.20
- Recognition, Florida Trend, 6.22.20
- “Minority Bars hosts Wills and Trust Workshop,” The Florida Bar (January 7, 2020)
- “Readers say Florida’s death penalty fix gets it right,” South Florida Sun Sentinel (July 24, 2018)
- “On the Frontline: A day in the life of an Assistant State Attorney and Assistant Public Defender,” Broward County Bar Association Barrister (June 2017)
- Legacy Magazine South Florida’s 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today & Tomorrow (2020)
- Florida Trend Florida Legal Elite™, Up & Comer (2020)
- Hat Trick Award, Broward Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (2016, 2017)