Brett Kinsey is an associate in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Brett focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions and leasing. He has represented developers, property owners, lenders and borrowers in a broad scope of matters related to real property, from acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing and development, to title resolution and contract preparation. Brett has advised developers in various phases of residential and commercial projects, from purchase and due diligence to title review and closing. His development experience includes matters related to easements, plats and other shared maintenance agreements, as well as issues related to homeowners’ associations and master property associations, including the sale or lease-out as part of master planned communities in Florida. His leasing experience includes the preparation and amendment of commercial lease agreements for office buildings, mixed-use developments and retail shopping centers.
Brett earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida and holds a bachelor’s degree from Emory University in Atlanta, where he was a member of the Emory Swimming and Diving Team.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Dean’s List
- Book Award: Unincorporated Business Enterprises
- Teaching Assistant – Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Emory University, B.A., Political Science, 2013
- Minored in Economics and French
- Emory Swimming and Diving Team
Professional and Civic
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Section
- Young Lawyer Section