Charles Robinson (“Robin”) Fawsett is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Labor & Employment Law Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® attorney, Robin has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America® and has been listed as a Florida Super Lawyer. He is also a Florida Supreme Court certified mediator and is on the mediation panel of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Robin has represented employers in all areas of labor relations and employment law in hundreds of cases in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board, the Florida Public Employees Relations Commission, United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Florida Commission on Human Relations and United States Department of Labor. He has tried numerous cases before all relevant courts and agencies.
Robin represents corporations and other business entities across numerous industries, including manufacturing, retail, construction, banking, insurance, food service, franchising, agricultural, health care and hospitality clients in the full range of labor and employment law matters. Such matters include:
- labor union avoidance;
- collective bargaining;
- defense of NLRB unfair labor practice claims;
- Fair Labor Standards Act matters, including defense of overtime suits, wage and hour investigations and child labor matters;
- Service Contract Act and Davis Bacon Act matters;
- all litigation, judicial and administrative, relating to all labor relations and employment matters;
- advice and litigation under the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and all other employment discrimination and fair employment laws; and,
- all labor and employment matters under state law, including wrongful discharge actions, defamation and invasion of privacy actions arising from adverse personnel action.
Robin represents and advises public sector employers in the areas of labor and employment law, with emphasis on collective bargaining and litigation under the Public Employees Relations Act. He handles all issues relating to the constitutional rights of public employees under the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes. He has extensive experience in litigation before the Public Employees Relations Commission and in the full range of civil service and other administrative and quasi-judicial employment litigation.
Robin gives client seminars on labor and employment law subjects for the purpose of educating management in avoiding labor and employment problems. He's also written and lectured on various labor relations and employment law topics.
- University of Florida, LL.B., 1964
- University of North Carolina, B.A., 1962
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Charter member of the Academy of Florida Management Attorneys
- Member of National Federation of Independent Business
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 6.28.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- "Managing the Problem Employee, Legally," HR ADVISOR: Legal & Practical Guidance, January/February 2016
- Extending Sharing of Restaurant Workers' Tip Pool Beyond Servers and Those With Daily, Recurring Similar Duties Risks Serious LiabilityFlorida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 6.6.17
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Lawyer of the Year (Labor Law - Management), 2021
- Labor and Employment Law, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Employment Law - Management, 2020, 2021
- Labor Law - Management, 2020, 2021
- Labor and Employment - Litigation, 2020, 2021
Orlando Magazine, “The Best Lawyers in Orlando,” 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006