Daniel R. Lazaro is a senior associate in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Insurance Practice Group.
Dan concentrates his practice on complex insurance coverage and civil litigation cases. Throughout his career, Dan has successfully represented clients in areas such as property, casualty, collateral protection, life, disability, ERISA, professional liability, directors and officers, commercial general liability, employment practices liability, and automobile. His representative experience includes representing government officials, prison personnel, and police officers in the defense of constitutional rights claims, a Fortune 200 energy company in multiple wrongful death actions, a foreign corporation seeking to collect a judgment, and an individual in a code enforcement hearing.
Dan interned with Senior United States District Judge Paul C. Huck in Miami and the Florida Department of Health Regional General Counsel’s Office in Gainesville. During law school, he served as Vice President of the Florida Moot Court Team, when he received numerous awards for brief writing, oral advocacy, and contributions to the team.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Miami Business School, B.B.A., Business Administration, cum laude, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Professional and Civic
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council