David A. Gart is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s Private Client Services Practice Group.
David is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney and has been recognized among the Best Lawyers in America® in Trusts and Estates. He has over 30 years of experience counseling clients on ways to protect their financial interests in their estate planning, estate and trust administration, taxation and real estate matters. David offers extensive knowledge in trusts, such as charitable, life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts and qualified domestic trusts, as well as gift and income tax matters. With previous experience as a former certified public accountant in the tax department of a national accounting firm, David also helps companies with their business and real estate transactions.
David is the author of a chapter on “Wills and Testamentary Trusts,” published by the American Bar Association.
- George Washington University, J.D. with honors, 1977
- University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, 1974
Professional and Civic
- Boca Helping Hands
- Planned Giving Council
- Former Member, Board of Directors
- Professional Advisory Committee of the Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Recognition, 8.28.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Author, Chapter 22, "Wills and Testamentary Trusts," American Bar Association Practical Guide to Estate Planning, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts and Estates, 2010-2021
- "Top Lawyer," Palm Beach Illustrated, 2018