David A. Gemunder is of counsel in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Corporate Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, David concentrates his practice on business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, general corporate and nonprofit law and governance, contract negotiations and health care law. He has worked on a wide variety of transactional matters for public and private clients, including startups, Fortune 500 companies, and prominent nonprofits.
David also has lectured on various topics relating to business transactions, and has contributed to several publications, including the American Bar Association's Model Asset Purchase Agreement and Revised Model Stock Purchase Agreement.
David serves on the Board of Governors of Hillel International and the Board of Directors of the Secure Community Network. He has held several leadership positions in the American Bar Association's Section of Business Law and is a Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1994
- University of Chicago, A.M., Social Sciences, 1991
- University of Chicago, A.B., History, with general honors, 1991
- Ohio (inactive)
Professional and Civic
- American Bar Association
- Former Fellow, Business Law Section (2000-2002)
- Past Co-Chair, Young Lawyer Forum
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors, Hillel International
- Board of Directors, Secure Community Network
News & Insights
- Presenter, “Merger and Acquisition Transactions – A Primer,” Annual ABA Meeting (2000)
- Contributing author, Model Asset Purchase Agreement, ABA (2001)
- Contributing author, Revised Model Stock Purchase Agreement, ABA (2000)