Eric M. Yesner is an Associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Eric focuses his practice on a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters and political law, as well as handling and assisting in appeals and litigation support.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Barbara Lagoa at the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the Honorable Raag Singhal at the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and the Honorable Jeffrey T. Kuntz at the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal.
Eric serves on the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission.
Eric also has prior experience handling complex commercial litigation and appeals at a firm in Fort Lauderdale.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, May 2016
- Nova Law Review
- Moot Court Society
- The Federalist Society, Nova Students’ Chapter
- Florida Atlantic University, M.Ed., Educational Leadership, May 2011
- Florida Atlantic University, B.A., Sociology, May 2009
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
Adjunct Professor of Law, Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law and Undergraduate Paralegal Program, 2020-Present
- Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission, 2020-Present
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section, 2018-Present
- Republican National Lawyers’ Association, 2018-Present
- The Federalist Society, 2015-Present
- Florida Young Lawyers’ Chapter
- Broward Lawyers’ Chapter
News & Insights
- “Looking Back Behind the Appellate Bench,” 2019 Broward County Bar Association Bench & Bar Conference, October 18, 2019
- Raag Singhal, Political Law, in BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION IN FEDERAL COURTS (5th ed. forthcoming publication) (assisting in researching and editing chapter in forthcoming fifth edition of federal-practice treatise)
- Government Surveillance Through New Technology: Rethinking the Third-Party Doctrine’s Implications on the Fourth Amendment, 19 HOLY CROSS J.L. & PUB. POL’Y 135 (2015)
- Ron DeSantis makes 75 appointments to Florida’s Judicial Nomination Commissions, Florida Politics, https://floridapolitics.com/archives/346054-gov-ron-desantis-makes-75-appointments-to-floridas-judicial-nomination-commissions/
News & Speaking Engagements
- Eric Yesner Elected to the Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law Board of GovernorsRecognition, 5.9.22
- Recognition, 5.4.22
- Speaking Engagement, 2.16.22
- Motions for Rehearing Are Now Required to Preserve for Appeal Challenges to the Sufficiency of Findings in a Final JudgmentFlorida Appellate Law Blog, 9.8.22
- Eleventh Circuit Case Law Update: Ruhlen v. Holiday Haven Homeowners, Inc. Illustrates Just How Difficult it is to Appeal a Remand OrderFlorida Appellate Law Blog, 3.24.22