Gustavo A. Oliveira is a Partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Tax & International Law Practice Group.
Gustavo focuses his practice in international tax, trusts, corporations and estate planning for high net worth families and individuals; international financial transactions; cross-border corporate acquisitions; and State and Local taxation.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., LL.M., Taxation, magna cum laude, December 2010
- University of Miami Law Review, Editor
- Tax Law Society
- University of Miami, B.M., Music Engineering Technology, cum laude, May 2003
- Minor in Electrical Engineering
- Phi Kappa Phi
- National Honor Society
- Golden Key National Honor Society
Professional and Civic
- Member, Greater Miami Tax Institute
News & Insights
- "Estate Planning for Expats," January 2021
- Co-presenter, "Onshoring the Wealth: Strategies and Solutions," The International Law Section of the Florida Bar and Northern Trust, 19 September 2013
- Issues for U.S. Beneficiaries of Foreign Grantor Trusts Upon the Grantor’s Death: Tax Consequences and Possible Solutions, Civic Research Institute, November 2017
- Cook v. Gates and Witt v. Dept. of the Air Force: Judicial Deference and the Future of Don't Ask Don't Tell, 64 UMIALR 397.