Jaclyn S. Clark is an associate in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Labor & Employment Practice Group.
Jaclyn represents and advises employer clients, varying in size from small family-owned businesses to some of the largest employers within the state of Florida, on a variety of Labor & Employment issues, including, but not limited to:
- Issues relating to compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Florida Civil Rights Act;
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- The Florida and Federal Whistle-blowers Act;
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act;
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act; and,
- The National Labor Relations Act.
Jaclyn is also well versed in the newly enacted paid sick leave laws and other legal requirements and issues that employers may face during the COVID-19 pandemic, and stays up-to-date on the latest guidance and recommendations in order to best advise the firm’s client’s as to their obligations in this rapidly-changing pandemic landscape.
Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen, Jaclyn worked for a boutique employment litigation firm specializing in employment discrimination and wage-and-hour disputes, where she litigated employment disputes from inception through trial.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of Florida’s Office of the Vice President & General Counsel, Extern
- Virgil D. Hawkins Family Advocacy Clinic, Certified Legal Intern
- Florida Moot Court Team, Executive Board
- Teaching Assistant, Trial Practice
- Book Award, Trial Practice
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Advertising/Public Relations, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional and Civic
- Orange County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 10.5.20
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 4.28.20
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 11.28.17
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Labor and Employment Law - Management, 2021