Jeffrey Butensky is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Corporate Practice Group.
A native Spanish speaker, Jeff advises domestic and international clients on transactional and corporate governance matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private offerings, corporate finance, venture capital, and general corporate law matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeffrey was an in-house counsel at a Fortune 100 company, where he focused on mergers and acquisitions, finance, real estate, executive compensation, and venture capital matters.
Jeff is a graduate of Boston University School of Law and the University of Florida, and is a member of the bars of Florida and Massachusetts.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Concentration in Transactional Practice with honors
- Executive Editor, International Law Journal
- University of Florida, B.A., cum laude, 2014
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Hebrew (conversational)
- Italian (conversational)
Professional and Civic
- Board Member, Boston University School of Law – South Florida Young Alumni Council
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Article, 10.5.18
- Tango or Sirtaki? The Argentine and Greek Dance with Sovereignty and a Multilateral Sovereign Debt Restructuring Framework, 35 B.U. INT'L L.J. 157 (2017)