Joshua D. Miron is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group.
Josh is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated commercial litigator and has been recognized as a Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers. He is experienced in representing clients in construction, business and real estate matters, along with general business contract disputes, as well as partnership and shareholder claims. He has represented clients in jury and non-jury trials, as well as arbitration proceedings and administrative hearings.
As a construction litigator, Josh routinely represents owners, developers and contractors in construction contract negotiations, contract disputes, construction defect claims and lien enforcement/defense related issues.
Josh’s real estate litigation practice includes representation of public and private corporations in matters related to contract disputes, homeowners/property owners associations, leasing and landlord/tenant disputes, including code enforcement actions with local governments. Josh has extensive experience handling matters involving distressed commercial and residential assets on behalf of mortgage loan originators, servicers, investors and court-appointed receivers. In addition, Josh has experience litigating administrative challenges before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings (DOAH), particularly related to marina and dock construction and development.
Josh is an adjunct professor of Construction Law at Broward College. Prior to becoming an attorney, he was a project manager for a national hotel renovation and development firm.
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., 2001
- Florida State University, B.S., 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Adjunct Professor, Broward College
- Construction Law
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator (2008—2015)
- City of Fort Lauderdale Code Enforcement Board, 2010—Present
- YMCA Business Development Think Tank Committee
- YMCA Children's Advocacy Center, Board Member, 2009—2014
- Florida Bar
- Committee on Professionalism, 2009—2012
- Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 2009—2011
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Construction Blog, 1.17.17
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Real Estate, 2013, 2014