Kimberly A. Prior is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP where she is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group. Kimberly handles regulatory, transactional, enforcement and corporate matters for domestic and international financial services firms and businesses, including banks, broker-dealers, investment advisers and private equity funds. Kimberly also advises financial institutions and technology companies on regulatory, licensing, corporate and compliance issues in the FinTech space.
Kimberly has served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Miami School of law teaching an advanced seminar focused on current issues in financial institution mergers and acquisitions. She is also the co-author of a chapter on recent developments in cross-border securities law. She currently serves as General Counsel to the Florida International Bankers Association.
- University of Miami, L.L.M., Taxation, 2005
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2004
- Florida State University, B.S., Finance and Marketing, 2001
Professional and Civic
- General Counsel, Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
- Chair, Legal and Regulatory Affairs Committee, Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
- American Bar Association, Committee on Banking Law
News & Insights
- Speaker, "Bitcoin, Blockchain Technology & Intellectual Property Law," Dade County Bar Association Intellectual Property Committee Seminar, May 2018
- Co-presenter, “Financial Markets Regulatory Enforcement,” NICE Actimize 2016 Symposium, October 2016
- Presenter, “FinTech and Regulation,” Colombia Banking Association Annual Finance Law Meeting, September 2016
- Co-author, “The Cross-Border Securities Business: Recent Changes and Continuing Uncertainties,” Inside the Minds: New Developments in Securities Law, 2015 ed.
- Kimberly Prior mentioned in articles on bank deal: “Espirito Santo Bank in deal to be sold to Venezuelan group,” South Florida Business Journal (January 5, 2015) and “3 details on the Venezuelan group buying Espirito Santo,” South Florida Business Journal (May 11, 2015)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, Chambers & Partners, 4.23.20
- Recognition, 4.9.20
- Article, 2.6.20
- Recognition, 3.19.19
- Article, 3.30.18