Lazaro I. Vazquez is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Corporate Practice Group.
Lazaro’s practice focuses on general contractual and transactional matters for both individual and corporate clients. His work entails securities, private fund formation and structuring, private placements, real estate and operating company joint ventures, corporate restructurings, domestic and international business transactions, strategic transactions and mergers & acquisitions.
Lazaro also regularly advises high net worth professional athletes on a range of transactional matters, and is a member of the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Lazaro received his J.D. and bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Florida and is fluent in Spanish.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Research Editor, Journal of Law & Public Policy, 2015
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section, Florida Bar
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Article, 9.15.16
- Co-Author, "Being Mindful of the Anti-Boycott Law," Daily Business Review (January 3, 2018)
- Author, “Reverse Mortgages, Aging Baby Boomers, and Too Big to Fail”, Banking & Financial Services Policy Report: Volume 36 Number 9, Wolters Kluwer (September 2017)
- Author, “High Frequency Trading: Is Regulation the Answer?”, 17 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 151 (2017)