Marshall Emas is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
A Martindale Hubbell AV® rated attorney with more than 35 years of experience, Marshall focuses his practice on meeting his client’s goals in buying, developing, financing, leasing and selling real estate as well as advising clients in partnership, limited liability companies and corporate law issues.
Marshall regularly represents developers, owners, lenders and general contractors, and the companies they create, with their purchase, sale, development, financing, leasing, investment and operational activities of residential or commercial properties. He's experienced with the development of commercial shopping centers, including ventures with 'anchor' and 'big box' retailers. He handles the necessary permits and approvals, negotiates the necessary site development, operation and ease agreements and declarations, and the development of out-parcels.
Marshall also represents lenders and borrowers in various types of acquisition, construction and permanent loans. In construction-related projects, he works with owners and contractors on architectural and construction contracts and issues under the Florida Construction Lien Law.
In addition, Marshall counsels new and growing companies and their owners in structuring corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and shareholder agreements. He advises clients on the sale of corporate, partnership and other interests.
- Nova University Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 1979
- University of Florida, B.A., with honors, 1976
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Former Co-Chairman, North Dade/South Broward New Leadership for Israel Bonds
- Temple Beth El, Trustee
- The Florida Bar, Clients' Security Fund Committee
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Firm News, 6.4.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Recognition, 6.19.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Article, 6.8.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 6.9.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019