Martha W. Probst is the firmwide Director of Attorney Recruiting for Shutts & Bowen LLP. Martha has 20 years of legal experience, including 15 years of recruiting experience in the legal field.
She oversees the recruiting and hiring of associates and partners, as well as the firm’s summer associate program. Martha focuses on creating and implementing best practices and strategic initiatives for the legal recruitment department. She manages the full recruiting lifecycle for candidates for all practice groups and works closely with firm management.
For the firm's annual summer associate program, Martha evaluates potential candidates, coordinates recruitment activities, pairs the summer associates with mentors, and creates networking-focused opportunities.
- Penn State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D., May 2002
- University of Virginia, B.A., Psychology, May 1999
- Minor in Sociology
- Florida (inactive)
- Spanish (basic)
Professional and Civic
- National Association for Law Placement
- Recruiting Committee, Member Relations Co-Chair, 2020-2021
- Nominating Committee, 2019-2020
- Regional Representative, 2017-2019
- South Florida Association for Law Placement
- President, 2016
- President-Elect, 2015
- Treasurer, 2014
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Event, 6.21.22