Melanie B. Senosiain is an attorney in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation practice group.
Melanie’s practice focuses on the areas of construction and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Shutts, Melanie was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Illinois and a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Edward LaRose of the Second District Court of Appeal.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2015
- Journal of Law & Public Policy, General Editor
- Immigration Appellate Law and Advocacy Clinic
- University of Central Florida, B.S., Business Administration, cum laude, 2012
- Legal Studies minor
- President’s List, Dean’s List
Professional and Civic
- Illinois Bar, Member
- Florida Bar, Member
- Chicago Lincoln American Inn of Court, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Associations Bar Leadership Institute, Member and Project Coordinator (Class of 2017)
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- James Terpening and Melanie Senosiain Co-Author Thomson Reuters Practical Law Article on Breach of Contract DefensesArticle, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Tampa, 7.22.21
- Article, Hillsborough County Bar Association’s LAWYER Magazine, Tampa, 1.26.21
- Event, 3.3.20
Co-Author, "Breach of Contract Defenses: Florida," Practical Law (2021)
- “Is ‘To The Best of My Knowledge’ Enough?,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s LAWYER Magazine - Vol. 31, No. 3 (January – February 2021 Issue)
- Construction Blog, 12.3.20