Michael Crosbie is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. He previously served as a Practice Group Leader for Business Litigation.
Michael represents clients in litigation matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. He manages complex commercial matters including class actions, shareholder disputes, covenants not-to-compete and business torts. His clients include banks, financial consultants, publishing companies, entertainment groups, venture capital entities, and emerging medical and technology companies.
In addition to his law firm experience, Michael served as chief legal counsel for a publicly-traded development and travel company. He monitored and managed outsourced legal work that included litigation and securities matters, human resource, employment and administrative issues, real estate sales and SEC filings and contract negotiation.
Prior to entering private practice, Michael served as a law clerk to the Honorable Steven D. Merryday, in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. In addition, Michael is listed in Best Lawyers in America®.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1995
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Political Science, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional and Civic
- Historical Society of Central Florida
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors and Immediate Past President
- Past Chair, Exhibits and Collections Committee
- Former Board Member, United Arts of Central Florida
- Former Board Member, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida
- Founding Board Member, The First Tee of Central Florida
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17