R. Sebastian Arroyo is an Associate in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Labor & Employment Practice Group.
Sebastian is experienced in a wide array of employment law issues, including discrimination and retaliation, Florida whistleblower retaliation, FLSA wage and hour issues, ADA failure to accommodate, FMLA interference and retaliation, among other matters. He has represented employers and business owners in employer related disputes, helping to resolve legal issues through discovery, negotiation and mediation.
Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen, Sebastian worked for a boutique employment litigation firm specializing in employment discrimination, wage-and-hour, and whistleblower retaliation disputes.
While in law school, Sebastian interned under the Honorable Jose M. Rodriguez of the 11th Judicial Circuit Court. He served as a law clerk with the American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri and also with the Texas Civil Rights Project, working on constitutional and civil rights litigation. Sebastian is fluent in Spanish.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Wiley Rutledge (Intramural) Moot Court
- Treasurer of Latin American Law Student Association
- Reed College, B.A., Philosophy, 2014
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- The Florida Bar
- The Orange County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- 2020 Treasurer of OCBA Law Week
News & Insights
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 5.11.22
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 3.2.22