Rachel C. Procaccini grew up in Tallahassee, Florida. She is an attorney in the Tallahassee office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Appellate practice group.
Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen, Rachel served as a law clerk to the Honorable David A. Faber, Senior United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of West Virginia.
Before law school, Rachel worked as a legislative assistant to the Senate Committee on Judiciary of the Florida Legislature. During law school, Rachel served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Paul M. Newby of the North Carolina Supreme Court, as a legal intern in the Office of the General Counsel for the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality, and as a summer associate in the Litigation practice group of a Florida law firm.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2018
- The Order of Barristers
- Moot Court Team
- National Champion of the Energy and Sustainability Appellate Advocacy Competition (2017)
- Government and Public Sector Section Scholarship Recipient, North Carolina Bar Association (2016)
- Merrill-Holt Scholarship Recipient (2017)
- Pro Bono Award, completed over 100 hours of legal services (2018)
- Florida State University, B.A., Media and Communications Studies, Minor in English, cum laude, 2014
- Florida State University Honors Program
- Florida State University Honors Legal Scholars Program
- Phi Beta Kappa
- North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Federalist Society