Rafael A. Aguilar is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Rafael brings more than 20 years of experience representing real estate developers, home builders, financial institutions, private equity funds, and other investors in sophisticated commercial transactions throughout the United States and Latin America, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and financings. He also has extensive experience in the formation of real estate investment funds, distressed investments and loan restructurings, transportation infrastructure and public-private partnerships (P3s). A native Spanish speaker, Rafael regularly represents Latin American investors in business transactions.
Rafael serves on the board of directors of the Salvadoran=American Humanitarian Foundation, which provides medical supplies and equipment and administers an extensive nutrition-based program to combat malnutrition throughout El Salvador.
- New York University, L.L.M., Taxation, 1996
- New York University, J.D., 1995
- Yale University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1992
- New York
- Spanish (native proficiency)
- French (limited proficiency)
- Italian (limited proficiency)
Professional and Civic
- Board of Directors, Salvadoran-American Humanitarian Foundation
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts attorney closes largest land deal in Daytona, inks landmark Margaritaville licensing agreement2.21.17
- Article, 2.7.17
- “Lawyer's Work Paves Way for Retirement Community with Margaritaville Brand," Daily Business Review, February 28, 2017
- "Foreclosure Case Made Sale of Callery-Judge Grove Challenging for Jones Day Partner,” Daily Business Review, October 2013