Robert Fracasso is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Creditors' Rights/Bankruptcy Practice Group.
A Martindale Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Robert has been recognized among the Best Lawyers in America® since 2010. He regularly represents financial institutions and other businesses in commercial litigation disputes arising out of a variety of commercial transactions, secured transactions, contracts, lender liability claims, fraudulent and preferential transfer claims, defamation claims, professional malpractice claims, and securities arbitrations.
He also represents secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, debtors, and trustees in bankruptcy and insolvency matters, including bankruptcy reorganizations and liquidations of businesses and individuals under the United States Bankruptcy Code; debt restructurings and workouts; and liquidations of securities brokers and dealers under the Securities Investor Protection Act.
- Georgetown University Law School, J.D., 1981
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Firm News, 6.4.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Recognition, 6.19.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Article, 6.8.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 6.9.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Florida Super Lawyers, Creditors' Rights/Bankruptcy, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015; Creditor Debtor Rights, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020