Robert Rodriguez is an associate in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Intellectual Property practice group.
Rob is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and he serves individual and business clients in all phases of procuring and protecting their intellectual property. Rob handles patent, trademark and copyright litigation matters and also relies on his extensive experience as an electrical engineer to prepare and prosecute U.S. and foreign patent applications for a wide range of technologies, including wireless communications, computer networking, cloud computing, software applications, electrical circuits, and business methods. He has advised in-house patent counsel on client patent portfolio matters and conducted invention disclosure meetings and patent harvesting meetings for corporate clients. His clients have included Fortune 100 companies and individual inventors.
Prior to his law practice, Rob spent more than 13 years as an electrical engineer working in the telecommunications industry where he was a key contributor on the design team for many successful electronic devices. His technical experience includes areas such as power management, digital design, and embedded software design. Rob utilizes his industry experience to better understand clients’ needs and provide knowledgeable legal counsel.
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., summa cum laude, 2012
- Dean’s List
- Cuban American Bar Association Scholarship Recipient
- Book Awards: Lawyering Skills & Values I; Lawyering Skills & Values II; Criminal Law; Will Drafting Workshop; UCC: Secured Transactions
- University of Florida, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1999
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Florida (2013-present)