Sebastian Bohorquez is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Sebastian represents developers, lenders and real estate investors in a broad range of real estate matters. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions, including real estate development, acquisitions, financing, sales and leasing. Sebastian also assists for-profit and not-for-profit developers in affordable housing matters throughout the State of Florida, and has provided real-estate-related assistance in transactions involving tax credit syndication and federal and state affordable housing financing programs.
Prior to joining Shutts, Sebastian worked in the financial sector where he was primarily involved with negotiating and originating residential and commercial real estate financing on behalf of various institutional and private equity lenders.
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., 2018
- Winner, 2016 FIU Law Board of Advocates Intramural Negotiation Competition
- Participant, 2017 International Chamber of Commerce International Mediation Competition
- Dean’s List
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Property
- Member, Moot Court Team
- Member, Negotiation Team
- 1L Representative, Student Bar Association
- Florida International University, B.B.A., Marketing, 2013
Professional and Civic
- Board Member, Colombian American Chamber of Commerce
- Debate Coach, Urban Debate League, 2016-2017
- Mentor, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of America, 2011-2013
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Assisted in preparation of the chapter on “Condominium Conversions” in the Florida Bar treatise, Florida Condominium and Community Association Law (2018 editions)