William F. Smith is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Bill has practiced in Miami handling financing transactions for nearly 40 years. He handles a wide range of loan and loan workout matters, including construction and permanent real estate lending, asset based lending, trade finance, Eximbank-insured and guaranteed lending, private customer lending and aviation and maritime finance.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1976
- Harvard College, B.A., 1969
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Recognition, 8.18.22
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 10.5.18
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America®, Banking and Finance Law, 1997-1998, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024