- Posts by Ella A. ShenhavPartner
Ella A. Shenhav is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), accredited by the International ...
On December 13, 2022, the European Commission published its draft adequacy decision, recognizing the essential equivalence of U.S. data protection standards.Read More
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) was a bi-partisan regulation passed by Congress in 1999 in an attempt to update and modernize the financial industry. One component of the GLBA, its Safeguards Rule, requires financial institutions to establish measures to keep their customers’ private information secure.Read More
As internet users become savvier about identifying cyber threats, cyber-criminals continue to finesse their attacks.Read More
- EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework Advances to the Next Stage
- Changes to GLBA Safeguards Rule Affect More Than Traditional Financial Institutions
- Ransomware and Phishing Dangers On the Rise
- FTC to Embark on New Privacy Rulemaking
- Hackers are Leveraging Fear during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- No Trespassing: Can Public Websites Ever Be Off Limits?
- Cybersecurity – Global Ransomware Attack is Top of Mind with U.S. Securities Regulator
- Cybersecurity - a Top Operational Risk in FINRA’s 2017 Regulatory and Examination Priorities Letter
- Following Intense Industry Criticism, New York Overhauls Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies
- FINRA Imposes Fines Against 12 Firms for Cybersecurity Violations