Shutts & Bowen is pleased to announce the launch of the Florida CyberTech Blog, where we will cover significant developments and provide practical guidance in the cybersecurity and technology space.
Cybersecurity is now a major risk for virtually every business and governmental entity, which must now comply with increasingly complex statutory and regulatory requirements and contend with the increasing risk of litigation and enforcement activity. At the same time, clients in many industry sectors are seeking counsel with respect to emerging technologies.
Posts will be authored by members of the firm’s Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Task Force. Our team, which includes former regulators and attorneys with decades of experience in the field, combines litigation, regulatory, crisis management and technical expertise to meet the multi-faceted needs of clients. We have experience advising clients on issues such as network security, data breach notification, and blockchain technology. We have been at the forefront of defending institutions in e-signature, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and data security litigation.
Subscribe today to be notified of future posts. We also encourage you to email us anytime with any questions you may have.
- Hackers are Leveraging Fear during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- No Trespassing: Can Public Websites Ever Be Off Limits?
- Cybersecurity – Global Ransomware Attack is Top of Mind with U.S. Securities Regulator
- Cybersecurity - a Top Operational Risk in FINRA’s 2017 Regulatory and Examination Priorities Letter
- Following Intense Industry Criticism, New York Overhauls Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies
- FINRA Imposes Fines Against 12 Firms for Cybersecurity Violations
- OCC Announces Long-Awaited Fintech Charter Decision
- FCC Adopts New Consumer Privacy Rules for Internet Service Providers
- New York Announces Proposed “Groundbreaking” Cybersecurity Regulation for Financial Institutions
- Cybersecurity Programs at Securities Firms under Increasing Scrutiny by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)