Miami partner Margaret “Peggy” Rolando, a real estate attorney who is Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate Law and in Condominium and Planned Development Law, presented during the 24th Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute (CREI) presented by the Practising Law Institute. The CREI is the definitive course for practitioners handling sophisticated real estate matters and includes faculty from among the best in the commercial real estate industry across the country to provide up-to-date instruction in such key areas as financing, leasing, strategic deal structuring, and construction.
Peggy participated as a speaker and panelist on “Aftermath of the Surfside Condominium Collapse: Effect on Condominium Ownership, Operations, Insurance, Reserves, Financing and Management” alongside fellow panelists William P. Sklar and Roger D. Winston. Topics discussed included:
- More accurately suggesting funding amounts for deferred maintenance and repairs/replacements, reserves, and association borrowing
- Advising on new insurance coverage limitations, increased costs, and availability due to Surfside
- Understanding the effects of Fannie/Freddie and lender requirements on financing condo projects and units after Surfside
- Identifying obsolete condos and coops for termination or redevelopment
- Assessing potential liability and necessary disclosures after Surfside
- Preparing clients for the future of condo ownership, including professionalization of condo management and affordability of condo ownership
For more information about the CREI, please click here.
About Margaret A. “Peggy” Rolando
Margaret A. “Peggy” Rolando is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Peggy is Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate Law and in Condominium and Planned Development Law. Peggy is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL) and is a past chair of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar. She's also a long-time active member of The Florida Bar Committee on Condominiums and Planned Developments. Peggy has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America® in real estate since 2010 and has been recognized by Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Florida Super Lawyers, and Florida Trend Magazine’s Florida Elite in real estate. She was also listed among the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Florida and Top 100 Lawyers in Miami.