Shutts & Bowen is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Judge Edward Rodgers Diversity Award. The award will be presented at the Bench Bar Conference on March 7, 2014.
Shutts & Bowen's commitment to diversity is reflected in our firm’s policies, programs and committees, and through our efforts to build and maintain a culture that values and gathers strength from difference. Criteria for the award requires that the recipient:
- Demonstrates a consistent pattern of (either the individual or organization)'s commitment to the recruitment, retention and promotion of individuals of underrepresented populations;
- Cultivates and promotes diversity and gender initiatives that establish and foster a more inclusive and equitable work environment;
- Promotes and facilitates education, community outreach and social engagement with and between people of varying ethnic or religious backgrounds, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and/or physical and mental capabilities so that persons of diverse background can enter and prosper in the legal field;
- Exhibits visionary and insightful leadership to confront and resolve inequities through strategic decision-making, allocation of resources, and establishment of priorities;
- Outlines defined goals, actions steps and accomplishments toward achieving a work environment that recognizes, promotes and encourages a diverse workforce at all levels throughout an organization;
- Implements and carries out best practices that support diversity and inclusion goals.
About Shutts & Bowen LLP
Shutts & Bowen, established in 1910, is a full-service business law firm with more than 270 lawyers in offices in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Sarasota, Tallahassee, Tampa, and West Palm Beach. Learn more about Shutts & Bowen at www.shutts.com.