Ashlyn Robinson Banks is an attorney in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation practice group.
Ashlyn focuses her practice on complex matters related to business and commercial litigation, representing clients across a broad range of industries to offer effective and expeditious dispute resolution strategies. She is experienced in drafting and arguing substantive motions, as well as discovery responses and evidentiary hearings.
Prior to joining Shutts, Ashlyn clerked for the Honorable Mary S. Scriven of the U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Florida. During law school, she served as a summer intern for the Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli of the U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Florida.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Florida Law Review – Executive Symposium Editor
- University of Florida Supreme Court Justice
- Florida Blue Key
- William C. Vis International Moot Court, Best Oralist, 2017
- Order of the Coif
- Book Awards: Appellate Advocacy, International Law, Trial Practice, Jewish Law
- University of Florida, B.S., cum laude, Telecommunications, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Junior League of Tampa
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Author, "Non-Monetary Defaults in Commercial Leases: A Difficult Eviction,” Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy, ALM’s Law Journal Newsletters (June 2020)
- Author, "Crypto-Collateral? Securing Loans with Digital Currency," LegalTechNews (March 2019)
- Co-Author, "Landlords as Mixologists? Controlling the Tenant-Mix Cocktail," American Bankruptcy Institute (September 2018)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2020 and 2021)