Brian D. Kennedy is a Partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Private Client Services Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on the areas of estate planning, trust & estate administration, taxation and transactional corporate law.
Brian represents corporate and individual fiduciaries in the administration of estates and trusts of high-net-worth individuals, including the filing of estate tax returns, gift tax returns, modification of trusts and creating Florida domicile for clients moving to Florida. He also provides clients with comprehensive estate planning strategies to preserve generational wealth and efficiently transfer assets.
In addition to his private wealth clients, Brian represents corporations across industry sections in matters involving corporate and partnership formations and varying types of reorganizations. He also presents both small and large nonprofit organizations in resolving tax-exempt issues, and facilitates the creation and administration of private foundations.
- University of Florida, LL.M., August 2001
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., July 2000
- Florida State University, B.S.
- New Mexico (Inactive)
Professional and Civic
- Member, The Florida Bar Tax Section, 2004-Present
- Member, The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, 2004-Present
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association, 2004-Present
- Board of Directors, Lourdes Foundation, Inc., 2015-Present
- Council Member, Jupiter Medical Center Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Council, 2017-Present
- Member, Palm Beach Civic Association, 2022-Present
- El Cid Historic Neighborhood Association
- Board of Directors, 2017-2021
- Secretary, 2020
- Member, Charter Advisor in Philanthropy
- Graduate, Leadership West Palm Beach, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches, 2008
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Best Lawyers in America, Trusts & Estates, 2023
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009-2011