Caroline B. Cimei is the firm-wide Director of Attorney Recruiting for Shutts & Bowen LLP.
With a focus on growing the firm’s lateral attorney ranks, she is responsible for managing the recruitment, acquisition, integration, and retention of the firm’s legal talent. In addition, Caroline also spearheads firm’s law student recruitment efforts as well as the firm’s summer associate program. Creating and implementing best practices and strategic initiatives for the legal recruitment department is also one of her primary responsibilities. She manages the full recruiting lifecycle for candidates for all practice groups and works closely with firm management.
For the firm's annual summer associate program, Caroline evaluates potential candidates, coordinates recruitment activities, pairs the summer associates with mentors, and creates networking-focused opportunities.
Caroline earned her Bachelors of Arts Degree in Political Science from St. John Fisher College and her Juris Doctor from the University of Dayton School of Law.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2005
- St. John Fisher College, B.A., 2002
- Florida (inactive)
Professional and Civic
- President, South Florida Association for Law Placement (SFALP), President, 2023
- Member, Refugee Assistance Alliance
- Member, Women’s Fund of Miami-Dade, 2015-2019
- South Florida Business and Wealth, “Up & Comer,” Honoree, 2022
- OnConferences, “Top 100 Talent Acquisition Professional,” 2022