Tyler Walters is an Associate in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Class Action and Mass Litigation Practice Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Tyler practiced as an Assistant Public Defender in the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office, where he successfully tried multiple jury and bench trial cases to verdict. In his role, he conducted jury selection and examined and cross-examined witnesses. Tyler also completed rotations in county court and juvenile delinquency court.
During law school, Tyler was a legal intern for the Southern Coalition for Social Justice, the Legal Aid Society’s Juvenile Rights Practice in New York and the North Carolina Department of Justice’s Education Section. Tyler is also an alumnus of the Teach for America program.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., May 2018
- Youth Justice Clinic
- 100+ Pro Bono Service Hours
- Research Assistant – Professor Fedders
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., Urban Studies & Political Science, April 2013
- Certificates in Africana & Global Studies
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, VP
- Interned – U.S Rep. Louise Slaughter
- Semester at Sea & Pitt in Tanzania
- Appropriations Committee
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Recognition, Miami, 6.7.23
- Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch
- Insurance Law, 2024