Jennifer P. Sommerville is an attorney in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. She has over 15 years of experience representing clients in complex commercial and construction disputes, in both trial and appellate courts.
Jennifer’s litigation and appellate experience includes:
- contract disputes;
- business torts;
- construction defect claims;
- insurance coverage issues; and,
- real property litigation, such as commercial foreclosure matters.
With a particular concentration on appellate advocacy, Jennifer is frequently hired to ensure the preservation of error in lower court proceedings, to develop appropriate legal arguments for appeal, and to draft briefs and related filings.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1997
- Duke University, B.A., Political Science, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- DBE Fraud Update: Orange is Still the New Black, Utility Contractor Magazine, December 2014
- DBE Regulations: The Mugshot of Non-Compliance, Utility Contractor Magazine, August 2013
- Florida Appellate Law Blog, 12.12.17
- Construction Blog, 8.11.17
- Florida Appellate Law Blog, 1.23.17
- Construction Blog, 10.5.16
- Florida Appellate Law Blog, 10.5.16