John C. Strickroot, Jr. is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of Real Estate Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, John has over 25 years of legal experience representing clients in the acquisition and disposition of real estate, business and personal property interests, real estate development, general corporate matters, loan transactions of all types, and workouts and collection matters.
A former commercial banker and General Counsel to a large real estate developer, John represents lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers and developers in connection with their complex commercial transactions, financing, including sophisticated mezzanine/equity financing, restructured loan transactions, loan workouts, foreclosure, and collection litigation matters. His experience includes documenting and closing on large and small real estate and corporate transactions, loan transactions for lenders and borrowers, and handling over 100 foreclosure and collection related litigation matters.
Prior to joining Shutts, John was the president and General Counsel to a large Sarasota real estate development company and an internal auditor for a large Florida utility company. He also was a commercial loan officer and manager for a large regional commercial bank.
- University of Miami, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- University of Miami, M.B.A., 1984
- University of Miami, B.A., cum laude, 1981
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Leadership Boca Raton, Class of 2003
- Leadership Palm Beach, Class of 2011
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Boys and Girls Club Advisory Board Member
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity Palm Beach County
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 5.3.22
- Media Mention, South Florida Business Journal, 5.27.20
- "Westshore office building sells to South Florida buyers," Tampa Bay Business Journal (February 24, 2023)