Jonathan M. Fordin is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Insurance Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated litigator and certified mediator, Jonathan has over 30 years of experience handling cases involving life, health and disability insurance. He regularly represents securities brokers and dealers, corporations and other business entities on claims under ERISA and state law, as well as issues related to HIPAA and first party claims.
Jonathan is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a civil litigation mediator. He's experienced in analyzing and developing efficient strategies on behalf of his clients, whether it involves negotiating an early settlement or effective litigation.
Jonathan is a member of the Defense Research Institute, an international organization of attorneys defending the interests of business and individuals in civil litigation. He's also a graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy Program, where he has been on the faculty for numerous NITA sponsored trial advocacy programs.
- University of Florida, J.D., 1983
- Cornell University, B.A., Government, 1980
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional and Civic
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Claims Association
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy